- Boot the computer with Linux Installation CD.
- Enter into Linux Rescue mode by entering the command in boot screen" linux rescue" remember one thing many new Linux have a option at first booting screen for LINUX RESCUE command, and also don't forget that Linux is case sensitive. So try the command in lower case.
- When the "sh" prompt is reached, enter the following commands to change root password. after # "chroot /mnt/sysimage "
- after that "passwd" The above steps will prompt you to enter your new password.
- enter the new password and enjoy again the Linux OS
What to do, when we forget the password of root user in Linux , root is the administrator in linux, if any one forget its password then nothing to worry. Yes I am right you can easily recover it for that just follow the steps:-